Friday, December 5, 2008

Chapter 59




After the boys left Katie and Becca relaxed for a bit longer, tossing around ideas for what to wear that evening.

Becca paused for a minute, then said, "I doubt you mind, but David asked if I would be staying in the city tonight after the show. I said yes. I assumed you would be, too....?" Becca inquired, giving Katie an all knowing look.

Katie felt the blush rise in her cheeks, "Well, yeah, I was assuming I would." She said, giggling.

Becca laughed, "I know you all too well. Enjoy your man while you can. I know I am. It might be a few weeks until they are around these parts again."

Katie had not told Becca about the trip yet, wanting to make sure it was still a go. But she couldn't keep it to herself any longer.

"Well, I will be seeing Jon in April for a week. Actually the whole family. We are taking a trip with all the kids." She paused to see Becca's reaction.

Becca's eyes widened, "Really. All the kids. Wow, Kat. That sounds like a big step. As in BIG STEP. Anything else in the works that I don't know about?"

Katie shook her head, "No. Nothing is "in the works." But it seems like the logical next step. I mean, things are very serious between us. Everything just feels right. I can't explain it. But no, you know everything. I am not making plans. I'm just following the road and we will see where it takes me." She explained.

Becca nodded. She knew things were very serious between Kat and Jon. There was no doubt in her mind how deeply he loved her from seeing him in the hospital. She only hoped if they choose to take things further, their path would be smooth, each having such different lives.

"That makes sense. I get it. I hope the trip works out well for everyone. Where are you jetting off to?" Becca had to admit she was a tad envious of the idea. It was no effort at all for Jon to take a fabulous vacation.

"Jon rented a house in Maui. He said it is plenty big enough for everyone and on the beach. A private club nearby or something like that, things for the kids to do. All private. It sounds wonderful. I will admit I'm really excited about it." Katie admitted.

"That sounds amazing! Lucky duck. I will want details!!" Becca informed, giving her friend a quick hug and rising from the sofa. "I'm going to grab my bag from the car so my clothes can warm up before we get ready."

Katie nodded, "No worries. I will be updating daily, no doubt. This is a pretty big deal for me. The next level, so to speak."

Katie and Becca got ready and waited for Christoph to pick them up, deciding that was easier than worrying about a vehicle for the weekend. The band had been occupied with a sound check for the afternoon, so they decided to arrive right before the concert. There would be dinner offered backstage for the staff, friends and family. Christoph drove the car around to the back of the arena and stopped by a door. He got out and rung the bell. Once a staff member opened the door he ushered the them in and waved, wishing them a pleasant evening. When they got inside they were led to the backstage area where the crew members were busy preparing for the show. Obie greeted them, saying the guys should be around any minute and showed them to the dinner buffet. They made sandwiches and munched while they watched the prep work. Out of the corner of her eye Katie say a door open to Jon's dressing room. She turned, first noticing the outfit of painted on jeans, baby blue tee and leather jacket. As her eyes moved up she noticed he must have had a visit from his hair stylist after he had left her house. The locks were delightfully rumpled, trimmed, still holding the darker color, but with blond highlights this time. He flashed his megawatt smile at her as he walked over to them. Katie found herself holding her breath as she watched him stroll over to her side. Damn, she thought, he still took her breath away. He was truly the most beautiful man ever created and just oozed rock star.

Feeling his arm around her and lips on her cheek, she found her voice. "Wow, cowboy. Love the new locks. You look so...GOOD!" She stammered, deciding the alternative words might not be appropriate in public.

She breathed in his scent, feeling giddy from his presence. It was almost like he changed skins before a show, she thought. He still looked the same, but something about his aura changed. He adopted a superstar quality that she couldn't put into words.

"Oh baby, nothing is as beautiful as you two ladies." He said, looking them both up and down. He gave an appreciative whistle and nodded. "I am one lucky man to have you two in the audience."

"Speak for yourself, Kidd." David snuck in beside Becca, giving her a quick squeeze. "I'm claiming this one tonight." He said with a chuckle.

After a bit of small talk David made himself a sandwich and led Becca back to his dressing room to relax a bit before the show. Jon followed suit taking Katie by the hand to his. Once behind the closed door he pulled her into his arms, kissing her ravenously. He eventually pulled back, hearing her whimper as his lips left hers. He smiled, looking her over, noticing the fitted green shirt she wore that perfectly matched her eyes and skimmed her trim torso, topping skinny jeans and matching ballet flats. Her warm, auburn hair falling over her shoulders.

"You are breathtaking, Kat. I just can't get enough of you." he said, his voice husky. She answered his comment by pulling his head back down to hers, plunging her fingers into his hair as she invaded his mouth with hers. She kissed him with such intensity that they both felt a bit unbalanced when they finally came up for air.

"Wooow. Damn, woman, you can kiss." Jon said, visibly aroused. "I need to be careful, your pretty potent and I have a show to put on in about 20 minutes." He reached down to adjust the tight jeans, finding them more than a bit snug at this point.

The gesture made Katie laugh, "Yeah, then they will have proof that you go commando!" She said, in fits of giggles.

"Evil woman." He said as he searched for a bottle of water just as there was a light knock on the door. Jon turned and quickly found a seat as Obie entered, an embarrassed smile on his face.

"Obie, man, what's up?" He asked, clearly uncomfortable.

Obie nodded to Katie and gave Jon a puzzled looked. "Nothing. Show in 15. Just making sure you're ready."

Jon nodded, the grin still plastered to his face. "You got it. I will be ready." he said, waiting for Obie to clear out.

Katie covered her mouth with her hand trying stifle the giggles. Obie looked at her with the same puzzled look and said, "Ok. See you out there! Katie, Becca is waiting for you. I think she wants to get to your seats."

Katie nodded, trying not to laugh, "Gotcha. I'll be right there."

"Ok." he said, shaking his head as he left, not too sure he would be seeing Jon in 15 minutes or not.

After the door closed Katie walked over to Jon giving him a quick kiss on lips. "I better go so you can, ummmm, get in the right frame of mind for the show." She said giggling. "See you soon!"

Jon nodded as he stood up, the snugness not quite as bad as before. "I am in the right frame of mind, but it isn't for the show. See you soon, baby. I love you."

She answered with a big smile and went to find Becca.

No one had recognized Katie since they had sat down so close to the start of the show, then all eyes were on Jovi. The band was greeted with thunderous applause as they opened the first show of the tour. Being a scaled back tour, they were only doing one show a night in each city. Usually Boston would sell out two, even three nights. But the house was packed to the gills that evening as everyone took to their feet and didn't touch their seats for the next two plus hours. After treating the crowd to a few new tunes, hits and even some rare tracks, the boys responded to the clamouring of the crowd with two encores. Katie and Becca were led backstage as the final notes were heard. When the lights went on the two seats they occupied were left empty, leaving people seated around them wondering who the lucky ladies might be.

The band gathered in the hotel lounge after the show, occupying the whole back of the bar area. The rest of the lounge was packed with eager, curious fans, hoping to get an opportunity to greet the boys. As much as Jon appreciated his fans, he had to admit to himself he wasn't in the mood tonight. All he wanted to do was take Katie to his room and wrap her up in his arms.

After a bit Jon whispered to Katie, "I'm going to head up. You stay for about 5 minutes. If you stay they may think I will be back and hopefully won't swarm now. Then come up." He said, as he met eyes with Hugh and nodded. Hugh returned his nod.

Jon stopped to sign a couple of autographs and snap a few pictures with fans. He was pleasant but not overly warm, wanting to make his escape. Katie saw him finally make a break and head to the elevator as he talked to the bar manager. She was learning how he worked things. If he was engaged in conversation with someone, they were less likely to approach him. She waited a few more minutes and chatted with everyone. She gave Becca a knowing glance and mouthed, "See you tomorrow." Becca nodded in return.

As Katie rose to leave, Hugh stood up, "I'm heading up, too. I will keep you company in the elevator." Katie nodded and they departed for the evening.

Not realizing the significance of his action until they passed the other tables, she realized it was to her benefit to also be engaged in conversation. All eyes were on her, not Hugh. She could feel her face get hot as they passed the other tables, but she chatted with Hugh as they approached the elevator. Once inside she relaxed a bit.

Hugh chuckled, "You'll get used to it." Katie nodded, thinking she was not so sure of that. As the elevator opened to the penthouse floor, Hugh took a peek out, seeing no one and held the door for her. "You're all set. Have a good night, Katie."

Katie gave him a quick hug, "Thanks, Hugh. You, too."

She gave a light knock on Jon's door and was greeted with a hand reaching out to grab her as the door opened. Before she could blink she was inside the room and in his arms. Barely making it to the bed as they left a trail of clothes to the bedroom, they made love well into the morning under the twinkling lights of the Boston skyline.


The next day Jon had to fly back to New York to spend a couple of days with the kids before they went on to Philly and then Minneapolis. After that they were off to Chicago where Katie and Becca would meet up with them. Katie welcomed the kids back on Monday, anxious to hear all about their weekend away. Business was also picking up with Easter and spring right around the corner, so Katie spent the week setting up the studio for the new season. The next week found her swamped with sessions. She talked to Jon daily, in between her busy schedule and their shows. Thursday of the next week Katie worked at the studio late into the night. They were closed on Friday so they could fly out to Chicago for the show. Her cell rang just as she was turning off her laptop.

"Hey, baby." His smooth voice greeted her.

"Hello, yourself." She said, smiling into the phone.

"God, Kat, I miss you so much." he said, "Tomorrow can't get here soon enough."

"I agree. I'm exhausted and can't wait to see you. How was Minneapolis? Did the show go well?" She asked.

"It did. It was awesome. We are really tight this time and I think it shows. They seem to be eating the new stuff up, which is always good." He admitted."I know a lot of the fans come for the hits, but even that gets a little dull to us, you know?"

"I knew they would. Bon Jovi fans are never wrong." She said, chuckling.

"Hey baby, before the show tomorrow night I have to do an interview with a local radio station. Nothing big, just in my dressing room before we go on. When you get here just come on in. It isn't anything interesting but if you want to watch, you can. Don't worry, you won't be in it." He explained, knowing she wasn't as used to the public side of his life as he was.

Thinking it sounded interesting, she said, "Ok, sure. That's cool."

They chatted for a few more minutes before hanging up. Katie went home and crawled into bed. She and Becca were catching a 10 a.m. flight to Chicago in the morning. Being so busy, neither of them had time to fly out a day early to enjoy any down time.

They arrived to a cloud covered city, but ready for a night of rock n roll. Christoph picked them up at the airport and took them to the hotel where the band was staying. They collected their room keys at the front desk and went on up. The guys had already left for the arena to do a sound check that was open to the fan club members. Katie arranged to meet Becca in an hour, then Becca was off to David's room. It had been almost two weeks since Katie had seen him, so she took great effort in getting ready. She had purchased a new outfit for the show. Being the beginning of April, the weather had warmed up considerably. She looked in the mirror in the penthouse bedroom, surveying the scene. The pale green silk tank dress fell to just above her knees. Paired with the green ballet flats she had worn in Boston, a perfect match, she decided she made a pretty impressive package. She had pulled her hair back in a low ponytail secured with a pearl clasp. She grabbed a denim blazer, her handbag and headed out to collect Becca. Christoph was waiting in the lobby to take them to the venue.

At the arena Jon finished a quick bite to eat, had a cup of tea and prepped his voice. He heard a knock on the door, hoping it was Katie. But was greeted with the sight of the radio DJ woman. She was dressed pretty typical for a rock station DJ at a rock concert, leather strapless top, mini skirt, black 4 inch heeled thigh high boots, bleached blond hair and a raspy voice. There had been the day when her kind would have caused him to stare, and even perhaps beckon her back to his dressing room or tour bus after the show. Those were the days when her type were a dime a dozen. Looking at her he was thankful he had since grown up and learned to appreciate a true classic beauty like Katie, who, to him, was sexier in flannel pjs than this woman standing in front of him.

"Hey, come on in." He said, putting his hand out. Slut or not, she was interviewing me. He was always the picture of professionalism. "I'm Jon. You must be...?"

"No shit! Your Jon Bon Jovi! Yeah. Yeah..I am Deirdre Devona with RXJL." She said, her voice sounding like she must smoke two packs a day. She held out her hand to shake his, holding his a bit longer than he would have liked.

"Deirdre. Nice to meet you. Why don't you have a seat and we can get on with it." he said, motioning to a folding chair. He grabbed a chair and sat across from her.

"Get on with it. HA. Any time, baby." She said, winking at him as she sat down.

He noticed she had no notepad or recorder with her. Jon attempted a chuckle and asked, "Yeah, ok. Well, so should be we get started, I have a show in about 45 minutes." He suggested.

"Sure, honey." She drawled, begining with a few typical questions.

She moved on to a few more personal questions about his choice of undergarmets and the like. Jon ended up answering "No comment, thank you." to many of them. He let out a sigh, hoping this would be over soon and hoping Katie would arrive even sooner.

Finally he stood up and said, "Well, thank you for your time, but if you will please excuse me I really need to finish getting ready for the show." She stood up and he offered her his hand in farewell.

Instead of accepting his hand she walked towards him saying, "There is just one more thing I have to find out." as she grabbed him around the neck and pulled his face forcefully to hers. Jon was shocked when her cigarette tinged breath was in his face and she shoved her tongue into his mouth, her teeth hitting his. He put his hands up to her chest to push her away, but she grabbed his hands and put them on her boobs instead, forcing herself even closer to him. Just at that moment, over her shoulder Jon saw the door open as Katie and Becca entered the dressing room.

Chapter 60

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RUT ROH!!!! Come on Katie take a look at her and then think about it before you jump to the wrong conclusion. As a matter of fact I think you should kick the sluts ass for touchin your man!!!!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Ohh, ooops saw that coming, I hope Katie won't jump to conclusions.

Love your story you write really well!

Maxine
Kiwigirljbj