Sunday, July 13, 2008

Chapter 5




Katie finally found her voice and said "Do you want to follow me in your car?"

He looked thoughtful for a moment and spoke, "How about I follow you and take your car back and ride together from there to the restaurant? Don't worry, I don't bite....hard." Again, that sly smirk spread across his face.

Katie slowly nodded and said, "That sounds like a plan." Damn, those blue eyes just locked into hers and she found it very difficult to tear her gaze away.

They finished up with a few more shots by the river and Katie said. "Let me just chat with the guys for a minute and load up my equipment."

As Jeff and Will loaded up the lights Jeff said to Katie, "Nice gig you landed today. I can't wait to see the shots. See ya later, Katie, baby." He waved as they sped off to deposit the equipment back at the studio. She turned around to tell Jon she was ready to go.

"Ok, let's drive to the studio and we can leave my car there."

Jon nodded, "Great! I will follow you, M'lady."

Katie had to smile as she sat in the driver's seat. She started the engine and began to drive, noticing she had a missed call on her cell. She picked it up to see who it was, seeing it was Becca who had called. She dialed the number, wondering how on earth Becca had kept this a secret from her!

"Hey there, Chick! Just calling to see how the shoot went this morning." Becca sounded a bit groggy yet. Katie's first words were "How could you not tell me!"

Becca sounded a bit confused, "Tell you what? What did I do now? Be nice, I haven't had my coffee yet. I am assuming that means the guy was a pain in the ass?"

Katie couldn't put it any other way. "What? What do you mean? You have no clue who I did a photo shoot with this morning? How could you not know!"

Becca was even more confused now. "Kat, slow down. I am serious. I have no idea who it is. The promo company doesn't usually tell me until the day of and sometimes I don't find out until I get to the shoot. Now stop yelling at me and tell me who it was!" She thought perhaps it was a local artist Katie liked or something. Maybe even that Jovi cover band they had seen a few times.

Katie's voice became even more excited as she spit out, "It was Jon Bon Jovi!! Jon Bon Jovi! I shot Jon Bon Jovi this morning. And you had no idea??"

Becca was now convinced Katie had lost her mind. "Kat. Now you're just being loony. Why are you teasing me this way? Was it that guy from Jobi? You know, fake Jon?" Becca kind of had to chuckle.

Katie still could not calm down." Bec, I am serious. I am not kidding. I have never been more serious in my whole entire life! I would not tease about this, I shot Jon Bon Jovi!"

Becca began to think maybe Katie was serious. "Whoa. Ok. Really. Jon Bon Jovi? THE Jon Bon Jovi?" She started getting almost as worked up as Katie. So much for needing any coffee. This news did wonders to wake her up.

Katie said, her voice still beyond excited. "Yes, THE Jon Bon Jovi. He said he is doing a solo album and is using a smaller more local record label. Jazz Records. The company you get a lot of your promo work from. I can not tell you how totally unbelievable it was when I turned around and there he was. I couldn't even speak. And now we are getting lunch. And the white mic stand. He had a guitar. It was amazing." She really was still having trouble forming a coherent sentence.

Becca could only answer "Oh. My. God. And I had to pick this week to go on vacation. I want to hear all about it!! Tell me details, girl!! Wait, lunch?? Your going out to lunch with him? Oh My God, Katie. The white mic stand? Seriously? What did you say?"

Katie chuckled, "Yes, lunch. He said he was hungry and asked if I could show him a good place to get a burger. What was I going to say...no? And all I could do when he pulled out the mic stand was laugh. He was totally confused and amused, I think."

Becca was still confused as well, but was desperate for more details. "What did he do with it? Are his eyes really that blue? Tell me more!!!"

Katie was just about to turn into the studio parking lot, "I promise I will tell you everything, but I am at the studio now. Gotta go. We are taking his car to lunch. Can you believe it? I promise I will call you first thing when I get back, OK?"

Becca sighed, "Oh, OK. Don't act like a silly school girl and scare him away now, OK? You know how we get over him. In his car?? You're going in his car? Seriously, this is like the twilight zone. Ok, I will be anxiously awaiting news! Byeeee.."

"Bye, Becs, I promise! More details to come!" Katie smiled as she disconnected her call.

She looked over as Jon pulled up next to her. The visual he presented was nothing short of breathtaking. Black leather jacket, shades, black convertible. Total rock star. He carried himself with an easy confidence, just the way he walked, the expressions he made. But he didn't have an attitude like some stars seemed to. He just was who he was, and was very comfortable with it. Beyond the initial shock of seeing him and realizing who he was, Katie could see really being comfortable around him, at ease. He had a way of relating to people that made them feel important. She was really looking forward to lunch and finding out more about just who Jon Bon Jovi was. Even though he had said he wanted to get to know her a little better, she was not going to let this chance go by to ask some questions she had held on to for years.

Before Katie knew it, Jon was out of his car and by her door, opening it for her. She couldn't help but smile as she got out.

Jon looked at the building her studio was housed in. It was an old converted barn, big, with lots of large windows to let in natural light.

"So this is where the magic happens, huh? Very cool." He said with a slow nod of approval.

"Yes, it is a great space. The light is wonderful and the setting inspires me. We also have some garden spaces and such in the back I use often for portrait work. I guess this is more "me" than the commercial stuff, the models and celebs." She chuckled.

"I would love to see some of your work. I can't wait to see what you came up with from today, as well. And I am not saying that lightly, like I said, I usually just deal with photo shoots, don't really enjoy them a whole heck of a lot." He said looking down at her with that slow, easy grin he seemed to always have ready. She really could see herself staring into those blue eyes for hours. She found herself at a loss for words each time he looked at her with that intentive gaze.

"OK, this boy is hungry. Ready?" He asked as he opened the passenger side door to his car. She nodded and slipped easily into the leather seat.

Chapter 6

No comments: