
Jon was standing next to a table that was surrounded with candles and a few small bunches of red roses. He was dressed very differently than he had been for the photo shoot. She could not help but look at him from head to toe. He had on a pair of snug fit blue jeans, black boots, a deep blue shirt peeking out from under a black jacket. The first three buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned and a silver cross hung on a black cord around his neck. Her gaze was met by a pair of the deepest blue eyes, complimented further by the blue in the shirt. A smile spread across her face as he moved forward to greet her.
Jon had turned around when he heard the door open, and was met with the lovely vision of Katie all in red, her hair falling over her shoulders and down her back. He couldn't help but smile thinking how lucky he was to be spending the evening with such a beautiful woman. He was really drawn to her personality, but he could not deny that she might be one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen. Her dress showed off her curves just enough. She moved with a gentle yet confident grace. She looked every inch the proper lady, yet the red of her dress and a slight sparkle in her eyes hinted that she had a bit of spunk beneath the proper package she presented.
Katie could see the admiration in his eyes. That was just the reaction she was hoping for. He reached out to take her hand led her toward the table, "Hello, Katie. Would you care to join me? You look exceptionally lovely this evening."
She took his hand and sat in the chair he offered to her as he helped her get settled. His every gesture was that of a true gentleman.
"Thank you, Jon. I would be delighted to join you. And I have to say you look" Katie fumbled for the right words, yummy, hot, gorgeous, perfect, came to mind, but didn't seem like a good choice. "You look very handsome this evening as well," She was finally able to vocalize after a short delay.
"Would you like a glass of wine? " he offered as he picked up her glass.
"Yes, I would, thank you." she answered, taking a moment to look around at her surroundings. The restaurant was decorated in a traditional style. She noticed that not one soul was in the restaurant except the wait staff.
"Where is everyone? It appears very quiet in here this evening." she inquired.
"Yes, we will be the only ones dining this evening. I thought it would be best to avoid interruption and focus on our evening." Jon poured her a glass of white wine and handed it to her, with that ever present smile on his face.
Katie realized that he could do that if he wanted to, close down a whole restaurant for an evening. The thought was just another realization of who he really was. She had to admit it did make her feel special.
"That is a brilliant idea. I am sure you enjoy dinner without being bothered for autographs and pictures once in a while." Katie said as she took a small, slow sip of her wine. It had a lovely, smooth flavor.
Jon chuckled, "Well, it is more about not having our time interrupted. I really enjoy your company and am looking forward to a quiet evening getting to know you better."
He really did know the right thing to say at any given time, Katie thought. Their waiter came over to the table and asked if there was anything they needed and told Jon to let him know when they were ready for the first course.
"I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of picking out tonight's menu. I figured that you ate a burger the other day so you were not likely a vegetarian." Jon said.
"I don't mind at all. Honestly, I had not even thought about what I might order. So that makes it much easier." Katie admitted.
Jon motioned to the waiter and a few moments later their salads were brought to the table.
They chatted over salad about what they had done the day before. Katie told him about their ride and the picnic at the pond.
"You are such a good mom, Katie, to spend that special time with them. I know how hard it is with a divorce situation. But it sounds like you are still able to really connect with them and make special memories." Jon commented.
"Yes, I really try. I think it takes even more effort when you have them part time. But our situation seems to be working out in the best way it could given the circumstances. They are very well adjusted and like the arrangement now. I think my ex and I being able to communicate and not fight, constantly in court and such, really helps. Now tell me what did you do to fill your day?" Katie asked. She was interested in a day in the life of a rock star.
"Well, not much, actually. And that is unusual. But that is why I am on vacation." Jon explained. "I spent some time walking around the Public Gardens, visited the library. Boston has a beautiful one. I have been going to the hotel gym daily. I also did a bit of reading. I really enjoy it, but don't always get time during a tour or if we are working on an album."
"That sounds very nice. I don't take much time for those kinds of things, either." She nodded. "And this is also why I am taking a vacation for a few weeks. I need to spend some time on things I enjoy. Kind of a refueling of sorts, I guess you could say."
The salads were cleared and dinner was brought out. It was an aromatic chicken dish, and it made Katie's mouth water. She did not realize how hungry she actually was. The first bite was heaven.
"Perfect choice, Jon. This is delicious. Thank you, again."
Jon held her gaze and said "It is my pleasure. Enjoy."
They continued to chat until Jon asked her to excuse him for one moment. "I just want to check on one thing, Katie, do you mind?"
"No, please. I am not going anywhere." Hmmm, she wondered what he was up to.
He was gone a few moments and she heard soft music coming over the speaker system. It took her a moment, but she recognized that smooth voice. It was Frank Sinatra. She knew that Frank was one of Jon's idols. She couldn't help but smile to herself thinking what a perfect choice it was to go along with the evening.
A moment later Jon came back and sat down. "I thought a little music might add a bit to the mood of the evening."
"Oh yes, I agree. Again, perfect choice. You have very good taste in music as well. Frank is a favorite."
After finishing their main course, they both relaxed and sipped their wine, enjoying the relaxing atmosphere. Jon stood up and came over to Katie's side of the table. Again, she wondered what he was up to with that sly little smirk on his face. She smiled back as he put his hand out.
"Katie, may I have this dance?" Once again she had a split second delay before she realized just what was happening. Jon Bon Jovi was asking her to dance. Well, of course she would dance with him. She accepted his hand and invitation. He gently took one of her hands in his and placed the other on the small of her back, brought her in closer and started guiding her in a smooth, easy dance. She couldn't speak, only plaster a huge smile on he face. She thought she must look like such a dork. Her hair swayed against her shoulders as they moved in slow motion. A more up beat song came on and Jon swung her around in time to the faster tempo. She let out a giggle. She was having so much fun. The next thing she knew he started singing in her ear as they swung around in an easy circle.
Heaven
I'm in heaven
And my heart beats
So that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find
The happiness I seek
When we're out together
Dancing cheek to cheek
Heaven
I'm in heaven
And the cares
That hung around me
Through the week
Seem to vanish
Like a gamblers
Lucky streak
When we're out together
Dancing cheek to cheek
As the song finished, he smiled at her and she gave a delighted laugh. In her wildest dreams she had never imagined this happening. And she was amazed to find she wasn't nervous at all anymore, just having the most wonderful time. He took her hand in his and kissed it lightly, then led her back to her chair.
"Thank you. You are a very good dancer." Katie told him. "I always thought you said you couldn't dance." She teased.
Jon had a slightly embarrassed look on his face as if he was a little boy caught in the cookie jar. "Well, I don't know about that. I guess I can move when I need to. I am no master, though. And having a partner such as yourself makes me look good." He teased back. "Are you ready for dessert?"
"Sure. Sounds perfect since we just worked off some of that delicious dinner."
Jon motioned to the waiter once more. A few minutes later he came out with two plates holding the most delectable looking chocolate cake. Katie couldn't help but look at it with anticipation. Jon laughed "Look good?"
"It does!" Katie took her fork and cut into the cake. Inside she found a thick chocolate sauce oozing out. She could not help but say "Mmmmmm. Oh my, this is just so good." Jon watched her take the bite and her reaction. He could not help but smile at her pleasure.
Katie finished the bite and noticed him still looking at her with a small smile on his face. "Oh, I am sorry " She laughed. "It is heavenly."
"Don't be sorry. I enjoyed seeing your reaction. You really do love chocolate." He then took a bite. "Yes, this is very good." He said as he savored the sweet flavor.
They finished with their dessert and more conversation. Katie looked at her watch for the first time all evening and noticed it was almost 10 p.m. She let out a sigh. She didn't want this evening to end, but she had a photo shoot scheduled for 10 a.m. the next morning. Jon noticed her face cloud over a bit.
"Let me know when you have to get going. While I would love this evening to go on forever, I don't want to keep you out too late." Jon said reluctantly.
Katie met his gaze and said in a sad tone. "I am having the the most wonderful time and don't want it to end. But I do have a photo shoot scheduled in the morning, so I should be going soon."
"I totally understand, but I am glad to know you enjoyed the evening as much as I have." Jon motioned to the waiter and asked him to alert the driver.
"Katie, thank you for your company this evening. I truly enjoyed every second of it. I do hope to see you again if you would like to as well." He asked.
"Jon, thank you. I have had a delightful evening. It could not have been better in any way. I would love to see you again. I am still working on your photos but they should be wrapped up by Monday. What do you say about coming by on Tuesday to go over them? Maybe around 11 a.m.? I can order lunch in and we can eat while we go over everything. Then we can compare calendars and go from there?
Jon saw the car pull up to the front. He stood up and offered her his arm as he said. "That sounds great. I am flying out early tomorrow for the AFL Championship game in New Orleans, but will be back Monday afternoon. Like I said, I am pretty open for the next few weeks, so I am sure we should be able to set something up."
He led her to the car where the driver was waiting with the door open. She turned towards him. "Again, thank you and I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday. Good luck to the Soul, I will be watching the game!" She smiled warmly.
He took her hands in his and pulled her closer. "It was my pleasure and I will be there at 11 a.m. sharp. And thank you for the luck! Sweet dreams." he said and then lightly kissed her on the cheek. After she got into the car he closed the door to the Hummer and stood back on the sidewalk. She looked out the window and gave a quick wave and smile as they drove away. He smiled and waved back, thinking it was going be very difficult to go to sleep. There was a certain lady in red that he was sure would not leave his thoughts any time soon.
Chapter 10


No comments:
Post a Comment