Monday, August 11, 2008

Chapter 26




Jon stood up, put the mic back on the stand and walked over to Katie, taking her in his arms and devouring her mouth with his. She laid her hands on his bare back and pulled him closer to her, feeling the dampness from the shower and sweat combined. Her hands moved lower down his back to the waistband of his jeans. She put her fingers under the band, feeling the taunt muscles of his ass tighten in response to her touch. Jon moaned, moving closer to her. Thinking they would be much more comfortable in bed, he picked her up and carried her through the kitchen and living room to his bedroom, pushing the door open with his elbow. His fantasy would have to wait, he wanted her and he wanted her now. He could tell she was feeling the same way as he felt, her hands grabbing at his head, pulling his face closer, his mouth deeper into hers. He laid her on the bed gently, and put his hand on her stomach, pushing her shirt over her head. Katie sat up and pulled back, lifting the shirt slowly over her head with a sly grin on her face. Despite the fact she was on fire, she certainly enjoyed seeing his response to her efforts. The shirt was peeled away, revealing her black lace push up bra. She could see his gaze travel over her body, the desire in his eyes growing.

He took his hands and cupped her breast in the bra, taking in the sexy sight. "You never fail to take by breath away, Kat. You are perfection." He said in a husky whisper.

She smiled as she unzipped her skirt and slid it over her hips, letting it slide the floor. She heard him moan as he ran his hands down her sides to her hips, tracing the edge of the lace panties with his fingers. He ran his hand around her back feeling the thin string of material, causing him to raise his eye brows. She had a thong on, damn, he thought. Katie decided she might just like to tease him a bit more, so she laid down on her back, running her hands over her stomach and breasts. Then she rolled over on her stomach to give him the benefit of the rear view. All she heard was him moaning, "Oh God, baby!"

She tuned back over, sitting up on her knees, put her finger in the waistband of his jeans and pulled him to her, unbuttoning them and sliding them down his hips. He reached around her back and unhooked her bra in one swift motion. While appreciating the lovely presentation, he wanted to feel her breasts against his chest and sink into her hot depths. He slid her panties down her hips as he leaned down kissing her stomach moving down to her clitoris, tickling it with his tongue. Katie grabbed his head and moaned, pulling him closer. Jon pulled back and stepped out of his jeans. Katie smiled, noticing not one stitch of underwear on him again. He lay next to her, kissing her and caressing her breasts with his hand while her hand ran up and down the smooth, hard length of his erection. He couldn't take much more so rolled on top of her, gently pushing her legs apart with his knee and plunged into her hot wetness. Not as frenzied as their lovemaking the night before, they rode wave after wave of orgasm together, afterward laying exhausted and spent in the afternoon light.

Jon chuckled and said, "One of these days we will actually see the outside world. I promise." he kissed her on the forehead.

"Don't forget who's idea it was for you to perform for me." Katie teased him.

"This is true. You are insatiable." he said, planting a kiss on her lips. "How about we take a shower and head out for a bite to eat?"

"That sounds good." she said. They headed into the master bathroom that housed a large marble shower. After they both cleaned up for the second time that day, they got dressed, each putting on the previously discarded outfits. After dressing, Jon took Katie's hand and they headed out of the penthouse to the elevator. Instead of having Christoph drive them, Jon pulled her out a side door of the building, ducking into an alleyway. After a quick sprint for a couple of blocks, they went into a small deli. Jon often ordered sandwiches from the deli when working in the studio with the guys, so the owner new him well, offering a quiet place for them to lunch uninterrupted.

Between bites Jon said, "How about dinner out tonight? I have not been a good host the last couple of days, causing you to skip meals and then only feeding you sandwiches." He smirked.

Katie laughed, "Have I been complaining?"

Jon looked down shaking his head, "No. No, I can't say that you have." He winked at her. "What would you like to do for the remainder of the afternoon? I have to keep a bit of a low profile, but I can surely show you some of the city."

"Sounds good to me." Katie agreed.

After finishing their lunch, Jon put his baseball cap on, tucking as much of his hair under it as he could, sporting a dark pair of shades and they were off. Katie understood what he must deal with on a daily basis being out in public and didn't want to cause any more attention to be drawn to him, so when he reached for her hand, she said, "Jon, I understand this might not be the best time for the media to be preying upon you, so lets keep it low key." Knowing he had children, she didn't want him to be plastered on the front page of some tabloid for them to see. She still hesitated in letting herself think much past the current moment, but if it was meant to be, in time they could be more open, she thought.

Jon looked down at her with a small smile on this face and mouthed, "Thank you," to her. He was deeply touched at her thoughtfulness and that she seemed to be so in tune to his life and all that it involved.

They strolled around the city for the rest of the afternoon, talking about living in New York and all it had to offer.

"I was thinking of hiring a model for a day and doing a photo shoot." She mentioned to Jon. "Any ideas where to find someone?" Not being the commercial photographer side of the business, she wasn't as in tune to these things as Becca might be.

He nodded, "Yeah, I can give you a couple of places to call. Just tell them what you are looking for and they can set you up."

"Great. Maybe I will do that tomorrow when you are busy with work." She knew Jon had a few calls to make and was meeting with Obie to discuss tracks for the greatest hits album.

"That would work out great. Then we can connect afterward." Jon said with a sly smile.

"And you tell me I am insatiable." She swatted his arm lightly with her hand.

Later in the evening they dined at a small Italian restaurant a few blocks from Jon's penthouse. It was a little hole in the wall kind of place owned by an Italian couple. Jon, once again, seemed to know the owner, greeted him with a handshake. This was another place he had frequented many times since the divorce. They were seated in a back booth, though there were not a lot of people around.

"You seem to know a lot of people around here." Katie said curiously.

Jon said, "Yeah, I make my way around the neighborhood."

"It must be hard going out sometimes. Do you get stopped a lot? By fans, I mean?" Katie inquired.

"It can be. But I don't stay in because of it. Most people are pretty gracious about it. And I don't usually mind. I try to be as patient as I can. After all, these people are the people who put us where we are today. And unless someone gets really unruly or insistent, it's cool. Sure I have my days, but for the most part, it's just a part of life. You get used to it." Jon admitted. "And babe, I want to thank you for being ok about everything. I am not worried about some torrid affair being all over the media, obviously. But I do appreciate your understanding with the kids seeing stuff. You are just really cool." He reached across the table and took her hand.

"Hey, I have kids. I get it. I know how I would feel if it were me." She reassured him.

Without thinking, Jon said, "It will get better as time goes on. We won't have to be so careful." He looked up and was met with Katie's surprised expression. He realized what he had said, making assumptions. "I mean, if, you know, if....Hell, Katie, I want more. I want you in my life. I can't think of you just going back to your life after this week and that being it. "

Katie, finally finding her voice, whispered."I...I want that more than anything." Realizing just how much she had avoided addressing her growing feelings, she felt tears threaten to appear from the overwhelming emotion.

Jon, seeing the raw emotion in her eyes, took her hand and kissed it gently. "I have to admit, I am relieved. I don't know where this road is taking us, but I want to follow it with you, wherever it goes." he said as he gazed into her eyes.

"Then let's ride, cowboy!" Katie said as she laughed through a few tears. "I'm sorry, I cry so easily. If I'm happy, sad, frustrated. It's one of the things I hate about myself."

"Nah, baby. It's the best reaction I could have hoped for." He smiled, not taking his eyes off of hers.

After dinner, while they waited for their coffee and dessert, Jon decided to spring his idea on her. "Kat, I am heading down to Nashville for a few weeks in Sept. I would love it if you could join me down there a few times. I will be flying back and forth, since I have business here as well. But I was hoping we could get together whenever our schedules allow."

Katie contemplated his idea. She could probably work out a couple of weekends down to Nashville when the kids were with their dad. "I think I can arrange that. The kids are at their dad's house every other week and I can fiddle with my work schedule a bit. Matter of fact I am headed down there next week with the kids before school starts. I won't have much time since they will be with me. But if you're down there then, maybe we can get together for lunch at least."

Jon nodded, happy with the plans. "We can definitely do that. I am heading down at the end of next week as well. And if you let me know when you can come down, I can arrange your flights."

"That isn't necessary, Jon. I can take care of it. But thank you."

He shook his head smiling, she sure was independent. He would let it go for now.

After dinner, they went back to the penthouse, and cuddled up on the sofa. Katie snuggled into him, laying her head on his chest as they looked out over the New York skyline. Jon stroked her hair as they talked about Nashville and the next few weeks.

Katie let out a big yawn, and Jon suggested, "What do you say we hit the hay? It sounds like we both have a busy day tomorrow."

Katie nodded in agreement. Once they had slipped into the cool sheets, Jon pulled her into his arms. As much as he could imagine making slow, passionate love to her, he knew she was tired. And he realized, they had all the time in the world. He smiled as he drifted off. Katie had on her own matching smile as she finally was able to let her mind drift into the future. A future that was waiting to be written.

Chapter 27

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great couple chapters girls! No on to the fantasy Jon had in mind......

Lisa Marie said...

Lori, thank you! So glad you are enjoying the story! Jon's fantasy may have to wait a little bit....but stay tuned!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chapters. Great story. It flows very well and definitely keeps the reader interested. What I love most this story is that it keeps moving and flowing and it's not stuck in a time warp if you know what I mean. You write with clarity about each situation and flows nicely from one chapter to the next.

Anyway, great, great job & thanks so much for sharing it with us. Looking forward to reading more. And I can't imagine what Jon's fantasy will be but I can hardly wait to read it.

Thank you!!

Colleen