
Katie had arranged their hotel and airfare to Philly for the Soul party. It was a private event the owners were putting on for the Soul and their families to celebrate their victory at the Arena Bowl. Katie and Sophia had gone out shopping for outfits for the party while Brandon was at his soccer game on Saturday. Friday came quickly after a busy week. They headed to the airport shortly after the kids got home from school. The flight to Philly was uneventful and they arrived at the hotel just around dinner time. After eating in the hotel restaurant the kids want down to the pool for a swim. Katie went back to the hotel room to call Jon before joining them. He was due to fly in early Saturday morning.
She dialed his number and heard his smooth, sexy voice answer, "Hey, baby. Did you get in ok?"
Smiling, she answered, "Yes, the flight wasn't too bad. We just had dinner and the kids went down to the pool. I miss you. I can't wait to see you, even if we don't get any time alone. I can't wait for the kids to meet you." It felt so good to bring these two parts of her life together. They chatted a bit about the party. After they hung up Katie went down to the pool with the kids.
The next morning Katie took the kids out in Philadelphia to do a bit of sight seeing. They went back to the hotel around 3 p.m. to get ready for the party. Even though it was being held at the luxury hotel they were staying at, it wasn't a formal event. Katie managed to get Brandon into a pair of khakis and a polo shirt. Sophia wore a pair of dark skinny jeans, a tank and sweater with ballet flats that she had picked out from the mall. Katie wore a pair of dark wash boot cut jeans, a black v-neck sweater and black boots. Katie stopped at the front desk to ask where the party was being held and they were directed to a private function room near the back of the hotel. Katie gave her name to the man sitting at a desk near the entrance and they entered the party. Both of the kids were quiet as they looked around, taking it all in. Neither of them had ever been to a hotel like this, let alone a party like this. Once inside many Soul players could be seen mingling with friends and families.
Brandon looked around at the people and the amazing spread of food, "Whoa, Mom. This is something!'
Katie couldn't help but smile. Sophia whispered, "This is some party, mom." This party isn't as impressive as they can be, little one, Katie thought. She spotted Jon across the room just as he spotted her. He waved, motioning that he would be right over. The kids were still too busy looking around to notice him.
Jon made his way over to them, giving Katie a quick hug and kiss on the cheek. Sophia's eyes widened as she looked at Jon. "Oh my God, it's really him." She said, as she hit Brandon in the arm.
"Cut it out, I know!" he hissed back.
Jon said, "It is so good to see you, Kat. So who is this beautiful young lady?" He asked as he held his hand out to her.
"I'm Sophia." she said, unable to tear her gaze away. He smiled that brilliant smile at her and she couldn't help but smile back as he shook her hand.
"It's a pleasure, Sophia. I'm so glad you could come." He turned to Brandon, extending his hand, "And this young man must be Brandon?"
Brandon returned his smile taking his hand, "Yes, sir. Pleased to meet you." He said, still a bit shocked at everything.
"Brandon, I am so glad to meet you. If you like, in a bit I can take you around and introduce you to some of the players?" Jon offered.
Brandon's eyes widened as he nodded, "That would be so cool."
Jon led them over to a table where the co-owner of the team and his wife were seated. After introductions they all sat down. Jon spent a great deal of time talking to the kids asking them questions about school, what sports they played and their friends. After a bit Jon offered to take Brandon and Sophia around to meet some of the players. Katie decided to get a bite to eat. She chatted with the others at the table while the kids got autographs from some of the players. Afterward the kids went back to the table and had something to eat. One of the coaches had brought his children who were around the same age as Sophia and Brandon, so Jon introduced them. Sophia hit it off with his daughter, and Brandon was in heaven listening to stories about the games from the younger son.
Since the kids were entertained Jon sat next to Katie taking her hand and kissing it. "So how are you doing, babe?" He inquired.
"I'm just great. The kids seem to love you. The party is fantastic. Everyone I've met is very nice. I couldn't have hoped for it to go any better." She said, smiling at him. She had to admit she was relieved that the kids seemed to adore Jon and were having such a good time at the party. She realized they had a much longer time to get used to their mom dating someone. More so than Jon's daughter. She sighed, thinking about Stephanie. She would have to tread very carefully with her. "Jon, thank you so much. You are so great with them." Her heart swelled with happiness.
"No thanks necessary, sweet lady. They are wonderful kids. You have done a great job with them. I am just so happy to get to know this area of your life." he smiled and kissed her on the lips. He was a little more relaxed, not worrying about the people here spreading any rumors.
People finally started leaving the party after a while. The kids started to yawn. Katie knew this had been a big weekend for them, traveling to a new city, meeting Jon and the party to boot.
"I think it's time I get these two up to bed." She told Jon. "Are you turning in soon?" She inquired.
"I don't know. I know what I would love to do, but I know you are busy." He said, with a small smirk on his face.
"Well, I could maybe get away for a while after they go to bed. If you're not busy that is." She suggested.
"Really? I don't expect it if you don't feel you want to leave them. But if you want to, we could meet back in the lounge for a glass of wine." Jon was excited at the prospect of having her to himself, sort of, even just for a while.
"Let me talk to the kids when we get up there and I can call you. Sound ok?" She said.
They got up to leave the party, saying goodbye to Jon. Both kids thanked him, saying they had a great time. On the way up in the elevator to their room Katie asked if they had fun and what they thought.
Brandon let out a big yawn as he tried to talk, "It was awesome, mom! Jon is the coolest. I can't wait to tell the guys about it, they are going to be so jealous that I got to meet the players!"
Sophia nodded in agreement, "Yeah, mom. He is really nice. The party was fun. I think you should keep dating him. He is kinda cute, too." She said, with approval.
Katie laughed, "Well, I am glad you two approve." She said. "Jon invited me down for a drink in the lounge. Soph, do you feel ok if I leave you in charge for a bit? If not, just say the word."
She shook her head as she yawned, "I don't care. Go. I just want to go to bed."
She kissed Sophia on the top of her head, "Thanks, sweetie. And thank you both for being really great about everything tonight." After making sure they were settled in bed, Katie told them to call if they needed her and that she would be back in an hour. She called Jon as she headed down to the lounge.
She found him sitting at a table in near the back corner of the lounge. He stood up as she came over, pulling her in for a quick deep kiss before they sat down. He had already ordered a bottle of wine.
"Hey, beautiful. The kids settled in ok? This is a very safe hotel, so don't worry." He assured her.
"I'm fine. Thank you for tonight. The kids had a wonderful time and they think you are just the coolest. They said I should keep seeing you." She laughed.
He nodded, feeling flattered. "Well, then, I think we should listen to them. They are obviously very wise." He got very serious for a moment. "I meant what I said. They are great kids. I really hope I get the chance to know them for a really long time."
He knew how to say things sometimes that rendered her speechless. A very long time. Yeah, I hope that too, she thought. A really long time.
Finding her words, she said, "I hope that too. More than you know."
He responded by leaning over to her and kissing her slowly and deeply. They talked quietly while they finished their wine. They made plans to have breakfast all together at the hotel restaurant in the morning before Katie and the kids flew home. Finally sleep called to Katie as she let out a yawn. It had been a whirlwind weekend once again. Jon joined her in the elevator as he went up to his suite. After the doors closed he pulled Katie into his body, kissing her passionately.
As the door opened to her floor, she let out a deep sigh, pulling away. "I will see you in the morning, cowboy."
He gave her one last quick kiss, "Sweet dreams, baby. I love you." She mouthed the words back as the door closed.
The next morning they went down to the restaurant to join Jon for breakfast. They chatted about the party and the kids asked Jon questions about his children. Sophia asked him about all the famous people he had met, going down a list of names. They enjoyed breakfast without any awkward silences. It really warmed Katie's heart at how well he got along with her children. She knew his might not be as forthcoming. After they finished and headed back to the elevator, Jon shook the kids' hands once more and gave Katie a hug and kiss. Katie gave them the hotel room key and said she would be right up.
"Oh baby, I am going to miss you. Are you busy next weekend?" He asked, wondering if she had the kids.
"The kids will still be at my house next weekend because they are going to their dad's for the holiday the week after. But they are heading over there on Wednesday. I am closing the studio that day for the long holiday weekend as well." She informed him.
He contemplated the information, nodding, "I can cut out on Wednesday and come there if you're up for it. We could drive to my parents. I would love the time alone with you. We can stay at a hotel Wednesday night. Now you will have a choice and I want to do what makes you feel comfortable." he said, "Mom and dad will most likely offer for us to stay at the house Thursday night. But if your not comfortable they would understand if you would rather we stay in a hotel."
Katie thought it was a great idea, "That would work out great. It seems like ages away, but I can't wait." She thought for a moment, "I'm fine with whatever you want to do. How long will the kids be there? If they stay over night it might be best if I stay in a hotel anyway."
"They will only be there Thursday during the day. I have to take them back to Dot's Thursday night. So we can do whatever you are comfortable with." He said. "And Friday we can head into New York for the weekend."
"Ok, then I am very happy to stay at your parent's home." She said, feeling a bit anxious at the thought. She had heard they were very nice people, so didn't anticipate anything negative. "The weekend sounds awesome. I can't wait to have you to myself for a couple of days." She said.
"Ok, babe. But if you're not comfortable at any point, you just say the word. They are very welcoming, so it should be fine." He reassured her. He was also looking forward to the weekend, even more than Thanksgiving.
"Great! Well, I better get moving so we aren't late for our flight." She said, giving him one more kiss. Christoph was taking them to the airport, so Katie wasn't too worried. She knew he would take good care of them.
Back in Boston their plane landed on time. They were all exhausted after the busy weekend so turned in early. Katie drifted off before Jon even called, but woke to hear the voice mail he had left her. She returned his call, chatting for a bit as she sipped her coffee and woke up.
The next week flew by as Katie crammed in as many clients as she could. She only had a week left for the final holiday sessions. She would be relieved when things slowed down a little over the next couple of months. The kids finished up their quarter at school, took tests and played the end of season soccer games. By the time Wednesday arrived Katie was more than ready for a few days off.
Jon had spent the time finalizing the recording of his solo album and meeting with Habitat officials to organize a fundraiser gala for early December. He traveled back to Philly to oversee some building projects the Soul had made possible. He called his mom to talk to her about the holiday a bit more. He had told them about Katie, getting the usual warnings of concern. He assured them she was as wonderful as he said and was not out to take advantage of him. He had explained how he was going to introduce the kids to Katie and the issues he was having with Stephanie. His mom was more than happy to keep an eye on her and insisted that Jon and Katie stay at the house as long as Katie was comfortable.
The kids' last day of school was Wednesday and Kevin was picking them up at the school. Jon left New York early Wednesday morning and turned into Katie's drive right about noon. Katie was all packed and ready to head out of town after a very busy few months at work. She made a quick call into Becca, who was in New York to spend a couple of days with David, seeing the city. Then she was headed to see her family for the holiday. Once the car was packed they headed out of town. They chatted on the drive down to Jersey, recapping the last week's events. They also talked about Jon's family, who Katie would meet and a bit about Stephanie. Jon was a bit nervous for her to meet Steph. He knew Katie would be flawless. She really knew kids and would be friendly but not overbearing. He was more worried at how Steph would act with Katie. He knew she was still hurting. But he hoped she would say nothing at all if she couldn't say something nice. Katie assured him more than once that she was up for it and fine no matter how Stephanie acted. She expected her to be distant and wasn't going to be offended in the least. They stopped at a hotel just outside of the town Jon's parents lived in. Having grown up and lived in the area for years, no one really paid him any attention here. They checked in without incident and ordered room service, both of them tired after the long drive.
Jon put the tray outside the door after dinner. He laid down next to Katie, who was sprawled out on the king sized bed. He took her in his arms, pulling her close. It had been over two weeks since he was able to really hold her in his arms. She rested her head on his chest as he kissed her on the forehead.
"Mmm, baby you feel so good." Jon said as he continued kissing her face, moving to her lips. She returned his kiss, running her hands over his chest. It didn't take long for Katie to feel Jon's arousal growing against her leg. She stood up next to the bed and slowly disrobed. He watched her as the passion grew in his eyes. He had to admit he missed the summer months when there had been less clothing between them. She laid back down on the bed after taking off her sweater and jeans. Still in her panties and bra, Jon reached around her to unhook the bra and slid the panties down over her hips. She proceeded to undo his buttons and jeans as well, impatient to feel his skin next to hers. He took his time kissing her body all over, tasting her sweetness before he could no longer hold himself back. He made love to her slowly, enjoying the feeling of being inside of her. The days and weeks between seeing each other had taken a toll on them, and neither one of them wanted to rush things. They fell asleep shortly after making love, not waking until the alarm went off at 7 a.m.
Jon was originally going to pick the kids up that morning, but had asked Dot if she could drop them off at his parents house instead. He thought he would like to introduce Katie to his parents first and not leave her alone so early in the day. He figured by the time he dropped the kids off later she should be more comfortable being alone with them. Katie told him either way would have been fine, she didn't mind. She understood he had obligations.
They quickly showered together and got dressed. Katie had picked out a pair of dark washed jeans, a pair of brown ankle boots, a white button down shirt and a navy corduroy jacket for the day. Jon wore a pair of faded snug jeans, a black sweater and black boots.
Katie let out a low whistle when she saw him, "Dang, cowboy, you look so good in black." She said in appreciation.
Jon grabbed her around the waist, growling in her ear, "Mm, baby you look too buttoned up." He said as he played with a button on her jacket, "But you look amazing. Then again you always do."
She swatted his hand away, "That is going to have to wait until later. Now I think we need to get going." She stood on her tip toes and planted a quick kiss on his lips. He groaned as he tried to hang onto her, not wanting to let her go. They finished packing up and checked out of the hotel.
Chapter 43


No comments:
Post a Comment