
Jon woke before Katie and slipped quietly out of the bed. He walked over to the french doors opening them slightly feeling the cool autumn air. He couldn't help but smile. Everything did seem right in his world again. He went over to his room, not wanting to wake her, and called down for breakfast. While he was gone Katie woke, feeling the bed next to her before opening her eyes. The spot where Jon had been still felt warm, but was empty. She opened her eyes, stretched and let out a sigh. She heard the door opening and looked over as Jon walked back into the bedroom. He had put his jeans back on but nothing else. His hair was all tousled from sleep, he had a bit of morning scruff and a big smile spread across his face as he sat on the edge of the bed.
Katie smiled sleepily at him, "Why don't you join me?"
"I called down for nourishment. I remembered how we tend to skip meals." He teased. "So I better stay at least half clothed so I don't scare the waiter away."
"Well, you sure don't scare me away." She said.
He leaned over kissing her. There was a knock on the door and Katie quickly dashed into the bathroom, washing up and swishing mouthwash around her mouth. When she came back out breakfast was on the table. As they were eating Jon heard his cell phone bleep. Checking it he read a text message from Becca, "So?" Laughing he showed it to Katie. He typed a message back, "I owe you big time. Thank you! Life is good." Becca returned the message with a wink, leaving them alone.
After breakfast Jon ran a bath in the large claw foot tub. They lounged in the bubbles for the rest of the morning.
Katie let out a sigh and Jon asked, "Penny for your thoughts?"
She smiled and said,"I can't really explain it. Just you, me, us, here..."
Jon took her hands in his, looking into deep emerald pools, "Baby, talk to me. You don't have to push away any thoughts or feelings anymore. I know you are afraid of being hurt. But I swear to you, your heart is safe with me. Let me in. I want to know every part of you, if you'll let me." These five words I swear to you, I'll be there for you...
Katie returned his gaze, "I am getting over that fear. I am ready to open myself up to whatever the future holds for us. And open myself up to you." He leaned forward kissing her slowly. Katie returned his kiss, thinking what a wonderful feeling it was to admit she was in love with him. She felt more emotionally uninhibited than she could ever remember.
They spent the rest of the day walking around downtown and sitting on the rocky cliff over looking the ocean. It seemed to Katie that this place was rather magical. She had always found solace here. And here she was, with the last man on earth she ever thought she would be with, finding love. Yes, she had loved him forever, in that adoring way fans do. But falling in love with him, the man behind the music, was still mind boggling to her.
Back at the Inn they made love as the late afternoon sun slipped behind the western hills. Afterward Katie drifted off in his arms, still tired from her weeks of sleepless nights. Jon lay there holding her in his arms thinking how amazing life could be. A few short months ago he was just trying to pick up the pieces after his divorce and the world tour. He had been exhausted physically and emotionally. Ironic how his ex wife had left him because of his lack of effort and attention at home. And here he was, determined to do anything for this auburn beauty he held in his arms. He knew he would do anything it took to make her smile, make her happy and secure. Not conceited in the least, he knew he had his pick of thousands of woman all over the world who would fall at his feet if he asked. It just went along with the job. But the one really worth having, wasn't the least bit impressed with who he was. He smiled as he closed his eyes enjoying the feeling of her warm body against his.
Sunday they wandered around the town, checking out the art galleries, lost in their own little world.
Later, while sitting on the rocks, Jon asked, "What are you doing next weekend? If you're not busy I can come back down. I have a few days before I have to start recording the tracks for my album."
"The kids are at their dad's, and I do have one session on Sat. morning. But if you don't mind that, I would love it if you could." She smiled up at him as they looked out over the water.
"Then I will be there!" he said, giving her a squeeze. "I can't wait."
Finally admitting they had to go, they walked back to their cars. Katie had to get back for an early session in the morning. Despite the fact that he knew he would miss her like crazy this week, Jon felt only happiness as they said their goodbyes.
Jon kissed her deeply as they stood next to her car. Katie, opening her car door, said, "Call me when you get back, ok?"
He nodded and planted one more kiss on her lips. "Will do, babe" He looked deep into her eyes, "I love you."
"I love you, cowboy." She said, smiling, as she slid into the driver's seat.
The week flew by for Katie. Tuesday morning Becca showed up at the studio, dying to find out about Katie's weekend. She didn't know just when Jon was heading back so had not bothered them. She found Katie in the office on her computer.
"Hey, chick! It's time to take a break and tell me all about the weekend. Oh, and by the way. Happy birthday!" Becca chirped as she gave Katie a quick squeeze.
Katie took her glasses off and turned around toward Becca, smiling. "I don't know how to thank you. That was the most amazing gift I have ever received." She said as Becca noticed she was beaming.
"No thanks are necessary! I just made sure you got out of your own way. That's all." She laughed. "So I assume that means all is well in Kat-land?"
Katie nodded, "Yeah, all is amazing in Kat-land. And you're right. I needed to get out of my own way. So thank you!"
"Well, good! Now tell me, what happened? I must have details!" Becca sat in the chair next to her, waiting impatiently.
"Oh God, it was incredible. I was ready to spend the evening crying in a glass of wine. And I hear a guitar playing. It was from next door. Then I heard him singing. It was seriously the most romantic moment you could ever imagine. He sang "If I Can't Have You." Then knocked on the door to my room. At that point I was mush and had to forgive him." She said, smiling as she remembered that night.
Becca knew there was more. "And??"
Katie sighed and went on, "And he said he loved me. Can you imagine? He loves me. I'm still in shock."
Becca let out a laugh. "And what did you say?"
Katie looked down, "And, well, I realized I love him, too. When I opened the door and he was standing there, it was all clear to me. I knew at that moment without a doubt."
Becca was beside herself, "Well, did you tell him?"
Katie looked at her friend, chuckling, "Yes. Of course I told him, silly."
"Thank God! Life is good again." Becca rejoiced.
"Was I that bad?" Katie inquired.
"Oh yeah. You were miserable. Grouchy. Not pleasant to be around at all." Becca laughed, "But I still love ya! So now what? What are you guys going do?"
Katie shook her head, "Just take it one day at a time, I guess. I am not worried about it. We will work it out. Anything seems possible now, you know?"
"I am so happy for you, Kat." Becca said, "Let's grab lunch before I head into the city. I want to hear all bout the make up sex."
Katie swatted at her as Becca jumped out of her way, laughing.
Friday afternoon Katie was putting things away in the storage room when she heard the studio door open. She walked out and found Jon standing there.
"Hey, baby," He said as he walked over and scooped her up in his arms.
"Hey, yourself. I am so glad you're here." She said, returning his hug. "I just have to finish putting a few things away and we can head home."
Back at her house they ordered Chinese. Before the food arrived Katie asked Jon to start the a fire in the fireplace. After dinner they cleaned up, then watched a movie in her bedroom, snuggled up in her four poster bed. The next morning Jon went for a run while Katie did her session at the studio. Meeting back at the house they decided to walk down to the stable and go for a ride. After their ride they put the horses back in their stalls. Katie noticed there was no one around, being later in the afternoon, all the lessons were done and horses put away for the day. After giving Honey and Spirit each a carrot, she turned around to Jon putting her arms around his neck pulling his lips to hers. She kissed him, her body pressing into his.
Jon responded in kind, but pulled back looking around them. "Easy there, darlin'. Not sure this is a good place."
Katie, knowing the stable well, had a seductive smile on her face as she took Jon's hand and led him to a back stall that was empty. She closed the stall door behind them and proceed to kiss him before he could say anything. She pressed her body against his, pushing him back against a hay bale. She fell on top of him as he fell backwards into the hay. He rolled her over as she unbuttoned and unzipped his jeans, putting her hand in and feeling his cock grow hard under her touch. He put his hands under her shirt playing with her breasts, then his hands roamed down her stomach to her jeans. Unbuttoned them his hand slipped inside, playing with her clit. Katie felt herself climax under the teasing touch of his fingers. He felt her release with his hand, and pushed her jeans down over her hips. He rolled her over on the hay bale, pushed down his jeans and took her from behind, cumming quickly as he plunged into her. He gently pulled out of her and rolled her over, kissing her on the lips.
Katie said, catching her breath, "Damn, cowboy, that was hot!"
They quickly pulled up their jeans and Jon said, "God baby, you are not kidding. Dang, you know how to get me going anywhere, anytime. I love that you about you." He said, smirking at her.
"Heehee, well, heck, you are just too damn sexy to resist." She teased, grabbing his ass.
"Speak for yourself, there, beautiful," He replied, slapping hers as they exited the stall, no one the wiser.
Chapter 40


1 comment:
Great couple of chapters. This one is really enjoyable.
Post a Comment