Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chapter 46





Katie sat at the island while she waited for the kids to get off the bus. It was their last day of school before the holidays and they were headed to the airport for a 6:15p.m. flight to Nashville. As much as Katie enjoyed spending time with her family, she wasn't really looking forward to it. Seeing her dad was still always hard for her and she missed Jon. She got up and looked out the front door. For some reason she was incredibly restless, which was unlike her. She decided to give Jon a quick call before the kids got there.

He picked up on the second ring, "Hey beautiful, what's up?" he asked with a smile.

Katie sighed into the phone, "Not much." she said, sounding a little off.

"Hey, baby. What's the matter? You sound kinda down." Jon asked worriedly.

"Nothing really. I'm just in a funk, I guess. I am not really looking forward to the trip, and frankly, I miss you a lot." Katie replied, feeling tears stinging her eyes. Not being one to cry often, it caught her by surprise. She rubbed her eyes, hoping that Jon couldn't hear the the sadness in her voice.

"Aww, baby. I miss you, too. I would love nothing more than to spend the holiday with you." Jon assured her, wishing he could reach through the phone and give her a hug. "When do the kids get home?" he asked.

"They should be home in about 10 minutes." Katie sighed. "We have to leave as soon as they get here if we want to make our flight." she continued.

"You're going to have a great time. Jason and his family will be there, won't they?" Jon asked, trying to cheer her up. "It's only a few days and then we will be together for New Years." He reminded her of the upcoming plans, the show in Time Square that the band was playing at. Becca was going to join her for the show.

"I know." Katie sighed again. "I really don't know what my problem is."

Jon understood. He loved both his kids and Katie. He would love nothing more to have them all together for the holidays. He knew it was too early for such a gathering, the kids still needed time to adjust to everything. "Just remember that I love you, and you are always on my mind. We will talk everyday."

Just then the bus stopped in front of the house, "Jon, the kids are here. I have to get going. I love you!" she said as the kids came up the front steps.
"I love you, too. We will get together soon." Jon said smoothly, adding, "Have a safe trip."


Katie hung up as the kids walked into the house.

"Hey guys," she greeted the kids, "We have to get going, so put your stuff away, get your luggage and we are out of here. We have to leave for the airport in about 5 minutes."

Both Sophia and Brandon were excited about going to Nashville for Christmas. After dumping their backpacks, they ran up the stairs.

Brandon came down first, asking, "Mom, is there time eat? I am starving." Katie, having anticipated that, handed him a sandwich. "Ah, mom. You're awesome." Brandon exclaimed, grabbing his sandwich.

Sophia came downstairs dragging her suitcase. After she set it down, Katie handed her one as well. "Thanks, mom!"

"You're welcome. Now let's get moving. We don't want to miss our flight." Katie said, ushering them out the door.


Snow showers in Boston delayed their flight, causing them to land an hour late in Nashville. By the time they deplaned, Katie was in an even worse mood. Things did not improve when she saw that her dad was the one picking them up.

Sophia, hearing Katie groan, pleaded, "Mom. Can't you just let it go for once? Grandpa is trying. Can't you? It would make things more fun for us, too."

The kids gave their grandpa a big hug, though Katie was a bit more reserved.

She hugged him quickly, saying, "Hi, dad." She sighed as she pulled away, knowing she had to do something about this rift between them. Maybe she would try and talk to him. Maybe...

"Hi, Katherine. I'm glad ya'll finally made it in." her father returned the greeting. He lead them to baggage claim to gather their luggage. A light snowfall was predicted for the evening and he wanted to get home before it started.

The ride home was quiet and uneventful. The kids were tired after a long school day and flight delays. Katie focused her gaze out the window, lost in her own thoughts. Her dad was quiet. It pained him to have this wall between them. He just didn't know how to get through to her. He had tried in years past, in the only way he knew how, but it just didn't seem to matter what he did. She just wouldn't let him in. He was hopeful, though, since she started seeing this musician. She seemed so much happier than he had seen her in years. He had not seen the sparkle in her eyes since Kevin's affair, and it was just now returning.

They pulled into the driveway just as it started to snow. The kids jumped out of the car and ran up the stairs, seeing their grandma waiting in the doorway.

Katie called, "Hey, we could use some help here." The kids groaned, but turned back around to get their luggage. Katie rolled her suitcase on the walkway and headed up the stairs to greet her mom.

"Hey mom!" Katie said, hugging her mom warmly.

Returning her hug, Abby smiled, "Hey, sweetie. Did you have a good flight?"

"It was alright, minus the delay. I am exhausted. Would you mind if I went upstairs to take a bath and turned in early. It's been a very long day." Katie said, not really up for talking. She really wanted to relax and talk to Jon.

"Of course not, honey. We'll have plenty of time to catch up this week." her mom assured her.

"Thanks. I promise I'll be better company after a good nights sleep." Katie kissed her on the cheek. After saying goodnight to the kids, she headed up the stairs to her old room.

Her dad sighed as he watched her go up, then went into the kitchen. Abby watched him walk away.

Shaking her head she followed him into the kitchen. "Jim, she's just tired. Give it some time. She will come around eventually. I know it doesn't seem like it, but she will. Just don't give up on her." she said, putting her arms around him.

"I know." Jim said, patting her arm. Luckily the kids were hungry and not ready for bed, so he couldn't be melancholy for long.

Katie got out of the tub and put on a pair of flannel pajamas before crawling into bed to read her book while she waited for Jon's call. Having dozed off, the phone startled her when it rang. "Hello?" she answered groggily.

"Hey, baby! You sound tired, did I wake you?" Jon asked.

"I must have dozed off. I was waiting for your call." Katie said, trying to wipe the sleep away. "Did ya'll make it Vail ok?" she asked.

"Yeah, we got here about two hours ago." he assured her. "The kids are all in bed, and I am headed there myself. How was your flight?"

"Not terrible, we had a bit of a weather delay." she said, sounding irritated. "Then my dad picked us up. I just wasn't up for it."

"Oh, I am sorry. Sounds like a challenging evening." Jon sympathized.

They talked a bit longer. Jon could tell she was drifting and said. "I am going to let you go to sleep, darlin.' I love you!" he told her.

"I love you, too, cowboy. I miss you!" she sighed. "Night..."

"Sweet dreams, beautiful." he whispered.


The next day Katie and her mom headed out to do some last minute shopping, leaving the kids with their grandpa. It was Christmas Eve and they had a few things left to buy. Even though the kids no longer believed in Santa, Katie still enjoyed putting the gifts under the tree to be opened on Christmas morning, always including a couple of surprises. She and her mom always had fun shopping together, finding the best deals. Having left in the morning they didn't return until after dinner. Jim took the kids out to dinner, since Katie and Abby grabbed a bite at the mall. By the time they got home they were completely exhausted. Katie headed upstairs for a quick shower after putting the new gifts under the tree. They already had them wrapped at the mall, so that was one less thing to worry about. After her shower she put on her flannel pajamas and crawled into bed to wait for Jon's call. Little did she know that this wasn't going to be their typical nightly conversation.


The next week found Jon back in New York finalizing plans for Christmas. It was his year to have the kids, so he had booked a skiing vacation in Colorado for the holiday weekend figuring it would be more fun than sitting around his penthouse all week. He had to be back in New York for New Years Eve when the whole band was to perform in Time Square. He picked the kids up from Dot's house on Tuesday, in time for a late afternoon flight. There were times Jon was thankful to have his own plane, and this was one of them. It was much easier keeping the younger ones under control when there were no other people for them to bother. They had dinner on the plane and landed around 8 p.m. They took a limo to Vail, and found their chalet just in time for Jake and Romeo to turn in for the night. It had been a long day for all of them. Stephanie and Jesse tried out the video game system while Jon decided to relax in the whirlpool tub. He called Katie before he turned in, already missing her terrible.

The next day the two younger boys bounded out of bed at 7 a.m., the two older finally showing up around 9 a.m. They went to the resort restaurant for breakfast before heading out for a day of skiing. Romeo and Jake took a beginner class while Stephanie, Jesse and Jon skied some of the more challenging slopes. The sun started to set over the mountains and they all headed back to the chalet for pizza. After giving Romeo and Jakie a bath in the whirlpool tub, Jon tucked them into the bunk beds in their room. It was Christmas eve and he still had to play Santa. Jon had shipped all the gifts for the kids ahead of them so they would be there when they got in. There was a tree already decorated in the main living room. Jon put the gifts out underneath the tree and decided to say good night to Stephanie and Jesse.

Jon checked in on Stephanie, who was on her laptop in her room. "Hey, sweetie. Don't stay up too late, you know the little ones are going to be up early."

She looked up at him just as a huge yawn overtook her, "I know, dad. I won't. Just a few more minutes, I promise." She said, as another yawn started.

"Ok, goodnight" He said, as he kissed her on the forehead, and then headed to Jesse's room.

Jon found Jesse already asleep on the bed, the video game console still on. He turned it off and covered Jesse up with the quilt that rested on the foot of the bed. He went to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of wine, then made his way to his bedroom where he filled the whirlpool tub up once again. He undressed and climbed in sinking into the warm currents. Letting out a sigh, he picked up his phone to call Katie.

Dialing her number he listened to the ring followed by her sexy voice, "Merry Christmas, cowboy." She said, as she snuggled down under the quilt, ready to let his smooth voice ease her into sleep.

"Merry Christmas, baby." He said, "You sound like you're all tucked into bed with visions of sugar plums dancing in your head."

"No. I have visions of you dancing in my head." She said, smiling to herself, thinking she heard water in the background. "What are you doing?"

A slow, smirk spread across his face as he said, "Just laying here in the whirlpool wishing you were with me."

Katie found herself getting aroused at the thought of him on the other end of the phone, wet and naked. "Mmm, I sure wish I was there with you, enjoying those bubbles." She purred.

"Oh, what I would do to you if you were." He said, his voice low.

"Mmm, so what might that be?" She asked, wanting to hear more.

Jon felt himself growing hard hearing her sexy voice. "Do you really want me to tell you, baby?" He said, taunting her. "First of all, tell me what you are wearing."

She laughed softly, ready to play along, "Well, I have on a pair of red plaid flannel pajama pants and a matching shirt. Does that turn you on, cowboy?"

Jon let out a hearty laugh, "It does because I know what is underneath that flannel. And as lovely as I am sure your jammies are, I would love it if you could take them off."

Feeling herself getting more turned on, she said, 'Ok, I can do that." She put the phone down and slipped out of pants and shirt, then slipped back under the warm covers. "The flannel is now laying on the floor by the bed, and I am now in my birthday suit." She teased.

Jon groaned as his free hand moved down his stomach to his now fully erect cock, slowly running his hand up and down the length. "Oh, God, Kat. I wish I could taste you. I'm ready for you right now." He said, torturing her.

Katie smiled, imagining how he must look. Touching herself with her fingers, "Mmmmm."

He listened to her moan, "Are you wet, baby? Touch yourself for me."

She did just that, feeling the heat in her belly grow as she stroked her clit. "I'm so wet and hot, it feels so good. Ohhhh, God, Jon. I wish you were here." she whispered into the phone.

Jon stroked his erection, getting closer as he heard the arousal in her voice. "Sweet baby, you are so sexy. Tell me what you're doing." He begged as he increased his speed with his free hand.

"Mmm, I am putting my fingers inside, it is so hot and wet. I wanna feel you inside of me." She moaned, feeling herself get closer to climax.

"Sweet Jesus, Kat. You're turning me on. I am so hard right now I want to explode." He said, breathlessly.

"Cum for me, baby." She requested as she rubbed her clit faster, bringing herself to the edge.

Jon lost himself in the feeling, stroking faster, his body tensing as his cock exploded on his taunt stomach. "Oh God, baby, Ohhhhhh, that feels so damn good."

Katie brought herself to orgasm as she heard his moans of pleasure. "Oh Jon, I'm cumming. I want to feel you inside of me. Oh, GOD!!" She whispered, trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Oh, baby. That was so incredibly sexy. I wish I could just wrap you up in my arms and hold you all night." He sighed.

Katie relaxed after the spasms subsided, wrapping the covers around her. "Jon, I love you. I miss you so much right now."

"I love you, too, baby. " He reached over to turn the jets off. "I should let you get to sleep. That was awesome, but it just made miss you more." he admitted.

"Same here." Katie said with a yawn. "Ok, I should get to sleep. Merry Christmas, cowboy."

"Merry, merry Christmas, Kat. I will call you tomorrow. Night." He whispered, hanging up the phone. He sighed as he got out of the whirlpool. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist. He turned off the lights and looked out the window, seeing the stars sparkle against the black night sky. "Merry Christmas, baby." He whispered, then went into the bedroom, dropped the towel and climbed into bed. He drifted off to sleep, his arms feeling empty.


Christmas morning dawned cold and rainy in Nashville. This was the one day of the year the kids were out of bed early. Sneaking into Katie's room, they jumped on her bed waking her out of a sound sleep.

"Wake up, mom!! It's Christmas and time to open presents!" they said in unison. This had been a tradition since they were old enough to understand what Christmas morning was all about. Luckily, Katie had put her pajamas back on in the middle of the night when she went to the bathroom. They all headed downstairs to sit around the Christmas tree with Abby and Jim to open the much anticipated gifts. As usual, the kids made out very well. With all the gifts unwrapped the kids took theirs upstairs to their rooms. After a bit more coffee, Katie and her parents did the same.

After getting dressed, Katie headed downstairs to help her mom prepare Christmas dinner. Jason and his family were due to arrive around 11:00, along with a few other extended family members. Her dad was in the living room helping the kids set up their new Wii video game. The wonderful smell of the holiday drifted throughout the house. For the first time in a long time Katie felt at peace. There were still the issues with her dad, but right this minute, helping her mom in the kitchen, all felt right with the world. Jason and his family arrived at 11:15, bringing laughter and holiday cheer with them. Everyone else arrived just before dinner. The day passed quickly, with the company of family around. Katie fielded many questions about her and Jon. Everyone was very happy for her, and noticed how she was glowing as well.

The rest of their trip passed quietly, but pleasantly. Katie and the kids headed home Saturday morning. She dropped them off at their dad's house on the way home from the airport. She stopped for a bite to eat after leaving Kevin's and headed home. She only had a day to repack for her trip to New York. Jon was sending the plane for her on Sunday.


In Colorado, Christmas morning found Jon being pummeled by little feet and hands as Romeo and Jakie attacked him, wanting to see what Santa brought.

"Daddy!!! Wake up!! Santa came!!" Jake yelled in his ear. Jon rubbed his eyes, trying to wake up. Stephanie came in, followed by Jesse. Jon got up, waking up slowly and followed them all down to the family room and presents. Much to his surprise Stephanie had called for breakfast, and had a cup of coffee waiting for him.

"Thanks, sweetie. You have no idea how much I appreciate that." He said, kissing her on the head.

"Welcome, daddy." She smiled and jumped down to open her gifts along with the boys.

They opened their gifts, then spent the morning playing with them. Later in the day Stephanie stayed with the younger ones while Jon grabbed a few trips down the slopes. They spent Friday skiing, then packed up to head home Saturday morning. Dot picked the kids up from Jon's penthouse Saturday afternoon. Jon spent the rest of the day getting settled and finished up a few plans for the New Years Eve show.

Chapter 47

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great chapter & quite the way to spend Christmas Eve on the phone!!

Colleen