
Friday morning Katie woke up to the smell of coffee and something yummy cooking. She took a quick shower and threw on some jeans and a sweater. After drying her hair she put it in a ponytail and put on some lip gloss. As she came out of the guest bedroom, Jon was coming up the stairs. He looked incredible sexy in a pair of ripped blue jeans and a faded sweatshirt, his hair still damp from his shower.
"I was just coming to see if you were up." He said, taking her in his arms in the hallway. He smiled down at her thinking how beautiful she was, just freshly showered. She was the kind of woman who was naturally beautiful, not needing make up to look stunning.
He gave her a soft kiss on the lips and said, "Mm, good morning, beautiful."
She smiled back, "Good morning, yourself. What is that I smell?"
He threw his back, laughing. "I guess it's time for your coffee, M'lady. Let's go see what mom is cooking up." He took her hand and led her downstairs. Carol was in the kitchen cooking pancakes.
She turned around when she heard them come in, "Morning, Katie. I hope you slept well. Would you like some coffee?" Carol offered, smiling.
"That would be wonderful, thank you. Honestly, I slept like a baby." Katie admitted.
They had breakfast around the kitchen island, and then packed their suitcases wanting to get back into New York at a decent time. John Sr. asked Jon to help him with a connection on his sound system in the rec room before he left. Carol sat with Katie in the kitchen and poured her another cup of coffee.
"Carol, I want to thank you again for inviting me into your home. I had such a lovely time meeting everyone. Your home is so warm and welcoming." Katie thanked her.
"My dear, thank you for joining us. I love having everyone over during the holidays." She said, pausing for a moment then continued. "I wanted to let you know that we also really enjoyed meeting you. You are a lovely woman and I can see how much you and Jon care for each other. It has been a tough year for Jon and the kids and while I had my reservations at first, I have to say I'm very happy that you and Jon are together. " She patted Katie's hand. "The children really seemed to take to you as well. Steph is a tough nut to crack, but if you two are serious, she'll be ok eventually."
"They are wonderful kids. I look forward to getting to know them even better. And I understand Steph, having one of my own that age." Katie said, "We are very serious, Carol. Neither one of us is going anywhere for a good long time, I have a feeling."
"Then everything will work out as it should and I hope we will see you again very soon." Carol said standing up as Jon came back up from the basement. John Sr. came up behind him. After saying their goodbyes Jon and Katie headed to New York.
Back at the penthouse they had leftovers that his mom had sent with them for lunch, then took a walk around the city in the crisp late fall air. All around the city, streets and store fronts were being decorated for Christmas. Jon mentioned to Katie that they should take a walk after dark so they could see the decorations and lights better. That evening they went back to the little Italian place for dinner and strolled around looking at the lights. It had gotten quite a bit colder since the sun went down, and both of them were bundled up against the weather. No one recognized Jon with his leather coat and scarf wrapped around his neck. He wouldn't have cared if they had at that point. Since the kids had met Katie, there would be no surprises if someone did get wind of her.
As they were walking back towards the penthouse Jon mentioned to Katie, "Hey, babe, in about two weeks there is a big Habitat holiday fundraiser taking place here in New York. I was wondering if you would do me the honor of being my date? I have to warn you, though, this is a big event and there will be lots of media present."
Katie thought for a moment, "I would love to go. It sounds like fun. I have never been to anything quite like that before. The only thing I have to check on is the kids, but I was going to flip their weekends with Kevin anyway with the holidays and everything. So it should be fine." She said, her mind whirling. "I assume this is a formal event?" She thought perhaps she would take a couple of hours tomorrow to find a dress in New York before she headed back to Boston.
Jon nodded, "Yep, as formal as they come." He was already trying to imagine how awesome she would look.
"Ok, then you are going to have to let me out tomorrow to do a little bit of shopping." She said, smiling at him.
"You got it, babe." Jon decided he might go out and do a little shopping of his own.
The next day Katie found two dresses that she loved. Not being able to decide on one, she bought both. Jon begged to see them, but she refused to show him either.
Katie took a flight back to Boston on Sunday afternoon and back to the real world. Becca was back as well and stopped over at Katie's house Sunday night. They got take out and shared notes on their holiday. Becca was glad to hear everything had gone well with all of the meetings, even the surprise meeting with Jon's ex. Monday Katie called Kevin to talk about arrangements for the month and Christmas. The kids would stay at their dad's house the weekend of the fundraiser. With that taken care of, Katie began to get very excited, and nervous about it. One afternoon while she was working on her laptop at the studio, Becca came by, noting Katie was quieter than usual.
She sat down next to her at the long desk in the back room. "Hey, Kat, everything ok? Your happy bubble has burst." She teased.
Katie turned toward her friend, "Oh, it isn't really anything." She reassured Becca. "It's just the event next week. I am really kind of nervous about it." She admitted. "That's it, Becs. This is when the rest of the world finds out about Jon and me. There is going to be a ton of media there. At first I was just excited, but now I'm down right terrified."
"I can understand that, Kat. Think about it. Your life has taken a huge turn in the last few months. Falling in love again is huge in itself. But to fall in love with one of the world's biggest rock stars. Yeah, that is big. And you can be sure that life is going to hold even more surprises for you, I bet." Becca said seriously. She got it. If Katie made it through the next few months with Jon and his public lifestyle, she would wager a bet that they would be together for a very long time. It was going to be a huge change for Katie, she thought. It was obvious that the magnitude of the situation was just becoming apparent to Katie.
Katie nodded, "That's what freaks me out to an extent."
"Well, you know where I am if you need a quick rescue or have a quick freak out session." Becca said, trying to reassure her.
Katie chuckled nervously, "Thanks. I may need it."
The night of the fundraising event arrived, finding Katie extremely nervous. This was going to be the first time they were together this publicly. Not that they hadn't been out in public before, but this was the first time they would be faced with the press. She hoped she didn't do something to make a fool out of herself. Jon had no such worries. She was sweet, gracious, and kind. Not to mention beautiful. The press was going to adore her, of that he had no doubt. He knew that she was very nervous and would make sure he stayed by her side. Not only to calm her fears, but because he couldn't wait to show her off. He wanted her by his side always.
At the hotel Katie was trying to decided between the two dresses she bought. One was a deep red and backless, while the other was a black with spaghetti straps. Both were floor length gowns and were very flattering to her figure, but she just couldn't decide.
Finally giving up, she called Jon into the room, "Hey, cowboy, I need your opinion on something. Get in here!"
"Yes, m'am!" he said as he walked into the bedroom with Katie standing in front of the full length mirror wearing a very sexy black lace bra and panty set.
He groaned, "Oh baby! We don't have time for that now."
Katie laughed, "Sorry to disappoint you, but that isn't what I need right now. Though, I could be convinced..." she winked. Stepping back she gestured towards the two dresses hanging on the doors. "Seriously, which dress should I wear tonight?" she asked.
Jon looked at the dresses and back at Katie. "I love you in red. It reminds me of your wild side. And it is very festive." he said, grinning at her as he pulled her towards him for a kiss.
He could feel her slightly tremble. Pulling back he looked into her beautiful green eyes, "Aw, your nervous, aren't you, babe?" he asked.
Katie put her head on his chest, "I'm a little nervous, but I'll be ok..." she assured him.
Rubbing her back he tried to calm her fears, "It can be a little overwhelming, but I will be right beside you, ok?" He assured her.
"Thank you," Katie sighed, "I'm not usually this nervous, but this is a little outside of the realm of my experience."
"I understand. And if you would rather, we can skip it. It isn't required that I be there, and I don't mind spending the evening in with you." Jon said with a wink.
Katie laughed, swatting his arm, "You aren't getting out of it that easy. I may be a little nervous, but we are going and we will have a good time. We will just have an even better time later!" she promised.
"I can't wait," He smiled, then reached into his pocket producing a small gift wrapped box. "I have a little gift for you. I knew when I saw it, I had to see it on you." He said, handing her the box.
Katie looked at the box and looked back at Jon. "Oh, you didn't have to do that."
"I know. I wanted to. Now hush and open it, please." He teased impatiently.
Katie slid the red bow off of the black box and slowly opened it. Inside was a beautiful white gold ruby bracelet. She let out a gasp as Jon took the box from her, removing the bracelet.
"Oh, Jon. It is beautiful." She said as he took her hand and fixed the clasp around her wrist.
"Not nearly as beautiful as you," He said, kissing her hand and admiring the bracelet. He then pulled her close and kissed her deeply.
Katie pulled back, admiring the bracelet. "Jon, thank you. I love it." She said. "But, now I have to finish getting dressed so we aren't late." She gave him a quick kiss and pushed him towards the door.
She took the red dress off the hanger and let it slide smoothly down her body. She finished her hair and makeup before adding a teardrop diamond necklace and matching earrings that her parents had given her a few years ago. Lastly she slipped on a pair of silver strappy sandals.
Jon was standing looking out at the New York skyline when Katie walked out of the bedroom. He had on a black tuxedo, crisp white shirt and black silk tie. God, he was so gorgeous, she thought. Sensing her presence Jon turned around.
Trying to find words, he let out a low whistle, "Wow! Kat, you look incredible." She took his breath away. He walked over to her, took her hand and slowly spun her around to get the full effect. He let out a low groan when he saw the plunging back of her dress. It wasn't indecent, just extremely sexy. "I am tempted to keep you in here all to myself tonight." He teased.
Katie smiled at him appreciatively. "Thank you. You look incredibly handsome as well." With a deep sigh Katie picked up her evening bag and turned toward the door, "I'm ready when you are."
They walked to the elevator hand in hand. Jon knew that the moment they stepped off of the elevator the press was going to be literally in their face.
Squeezing her hand he asked, "Are you ready?"
Katie returned the squeeze, "As ready as I'll ever be." She plastered a smile on her face as the doors slid open. As soon as they stepped out of the elevator, the flashes started going off. It was surreal for Katie to be on the other side of the camera. It was not something she was used to.
Immediately the reporters started yelling for his attention....
"Jon!!"
"Jon, over here!"
"Jon, who is this lovely lady on your arm?"
"Jon, any comments on...?"
He pulled Katie close putting his arm firmly around her. He could feel her tense up as the crowd they pressed closer. They pushed their way through the wall of reports and entered the ballroom. Once inside they were again surrounded by members of the media. This time they were not quite as insistent, but Katie could tell they all hoping for a word from Jon. Knowing it was inevitable, Jon stopped to answer a few questions. He kept his arm firmly around Katie's waist as he fielded the requests.
One reporter asked, "So Jon, who is this beautiful woman with you tonight?"
Jon looked over at Katie with a smile, "This beautiful lady is Katie. She is my date tonight. Now if you will excuse us, we are going to head to our table. I'll be available a little later for more questions if you have any."
With that, Jon and Katie walked past the reporters and found their table near the front of the banquet hall. The rest of the evening went along smoothly. Katie was introduced to several of Jon's friends and business acquaintances. They did have many curious glances in their direction since Jon did not leaving her side and frequently touched her. When they danced he always pulled her close to him, whispering to her. It was obvious to anyone watching that there was something between them. Even a few bold friends inquired about their relationship. Jon was forthcoming, admitting that they were dating. Even with the attention, she was able to relax a little. As long as she didn't have to talk to the press she would survive. Getting her picture taken with him was not to difficult, she thought, as long as she kept that ever ready smile on. She was able to hold decent conversations with his colleagues without to much difficulty. He did leave her side once during the night to talk to the press but he wasn't gone long. He left her talking with a very nice couple who kept her entertained with stories of their travels.
As the evening drew to a close he pulled Katie into a quiet corner and kissed her deeply, "You were wonderful!" he complimented her. "But then I had no doubt. Everyone loved you. I love you!" he said as he kissed her again. "Ready to go?"
Katie nodded, a bit relieved the evening was almost over. Jon took her hand and they headed out the door to the elevator. While waiting for the elevator he pulled her close again and kissed her gently on the lips. Just as he did a flash went off from behind them. Katie looked up at Jon with wide eyes.
He rolled his eyes and asked her, "Shall we take a guess as to which tabloid cover that will be plastered on first?" Katie smiled weakly, putting her arms around his neck, "I can think of worse things" she said. To prove she didn't care, she kissed him right on the lips. When the elevator doors slid open they dashed in, laughing.
Once in the elevator, Jon pressed his body against hers, devouring her mouth. They barely made their way back to the suite before clothing items started coming off, letting them fall to the floor as the made their way to the bedroom. Not able to hold himself back, Jon made love to her passionately the first time. He took his time drinking in her beauty and tasting her sweetness the second time. Finally in the wee hours of the morning, they drifted off to sleep, both spent and content.
The next morning Jon woke up before Katie. He slipped out of bed quietly, ordering coffee and breakfast to be brought to their room. While he waited for the delivery he noticed the newspaper that had been slipped under the door. Picking it up he noticed a picture of him and Katie right on the front page. Luckily the headline was about the fundraiser and not his new love interest. He chuckled wondering how Katie was going to react to being on the front page of a major newspaper, even if there was no speculation on her identity.
Katie walked out of the bedroom just as there was a knock at the door. Looking down at her attire, Jon's tux shirt, she turned, dashing back into the bedroom to get a robe. When she returned there was a breakfast feast waiting, complete with coffee.
Jon handed her a cup of the steaming liquid as he kissed her. "Good morning, darlin.' How did you sleep?" he inquired.
Before answering she took a sip of her coffee, "Mmmm, I slept wonderfully. But then I always do when you're next to me." she said, giving him a hug.
He leaned down and kissed her nose, "Breakfast is served, my lady." he gestured toward the tray on the table loaded with food.
As Katie sat down to eat she noticed the newspaper with her picture on the front page.
She was scared to read what it said. "Well, look. There we are. So, what did they have to say in the paper?" she asked Jon.
He laughed, "Nothing really. This is the classy paper. It was only about the fundraiser. Nothing personal about any of the attendees." he assured her, "Now I can't promise the same thing about the tabloids."
After breakfast they decided to go for a walk. This time Jon held her hand and put his arm around her often, not carrying who saw or snapped a picture. As they were walking they passed a newspaper stand. Right in the front was a tabloid with a picture of them kissing on the cover. The headline read "Jon Bon Jovi New Love Interest. Who Is She?" They both groaned in unison. Then they started laughing and decided to buy the magazine. After all, they had to be up to speed on what was really going in their lives. They continued walking back to the hotel. Once they were back in their room they sat on the sofa to read the article. Katie read it out loud to Jon. By the time she was done they were both in hysterics. No, she wasn't the maid, nor the kids nanny. She was just a regular woman who was lucky enough to fall in love with a rock star, and have him fall in love with her.
Chapter 45


3 comments:
Well the meeting with Jon's kids went well. Hopefully it will continue down a smooth path for them.
And now she's in the papers. Hmm wonder if they will stay friendly or become vultures hanging around her snapping her picture.
Great chapter as always ladies. Can't wait for more.
Colleen
Just loving this story. Keep up the good work ladies!
Thanks so much! We are enjoying writing for everyone!
Post a Comment